" Transformation of a Junk Food Mom: Feel the Burn: Part 2

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Feel the Burn: Part 2


So, I completed the second DVD "Cardio Power and Resistance" on Friday; and I have to say, it wasn't AS difficult as the first workout. Don't get me wrong, it still kicked my butt, BUT a few of the exercises I could actually push through and complete. The most challenging aspect of this DVD was all of the pushups. I mean, who has the strength to do "walking" pushups?! Obviously, I don't. I had to modify my pushups so that I didn't fall flat on my face, lol!

I did break down and buy a heart rate monitor at Target, yay! My max heart rate during the workout was 186. I'm sure it would have gone higher, but I slowed down at that point. I was afraid I was going to have a heart attack. My average rate was in the high 170's. Overall, it was a great workout and Shaun T is hottie to watch!

As far as the soreness factor goes, I was at a 9 yesterday. As soon as I stepped out of bed, my calves and quads started screaming at me. They were saying, "go back to bed!". It's pretty bad when you have to waddle to the bathroom and you're not even pregnant! Today my soreness factor is about a 4, thank goodness. :)

Unfortunately, my diet still stinks. Friday night I went out for Mexican with the girls. LOVED the margaritas and had a little too much fun!! Saturday was left-overs for lunch and pizza for dinner. I have got to get to the grocery store for some fruits and veggies. I did make the almond butter chocolate chip cookies, and to my surprise, they were actually pretty good! Recipe and pics to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment