" Transformation of a Junk Food Mom: 30 Day Challenge... BodyRock.tv

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

30 Day Challenge... BodyRock.tv

Is one of your New Year's resolutions to get in shape or tone up? If you said yes, then we're in the same boat. :)

When I first started this blog last year, it was to help keep me accountable in the health & fitness department. Unfortunately, the momentum didn't last long, nor did the blogging!

However, about mid-year last year, I stumbled across an AWESOME fitness blog called BodyRock.TV. I was in awe of the host. Her body was strong, lean, and beautiful. And the best part of the blog...all of the videos were free, and I didn't have to step foot in a gym! Score!!

After stalking the blog for several days, I decided to give it a try. The workouts were intense and kicked my butt! But, I felt great afterwards. I stuck with BodyRock for several months working out 2-3 days per week. Then, as usual, life got in the way. Work, toddler, ectopic pregnancy.

Well, it's time again to get my rear in gear!! I got the all clear to start working out again, albeit, no heavy lifting just yet. And, perfect timing too!! BodyRock.TV is having a 30 Day Challenge! There is a new host, but the principles are the same, and the new host has a rockin' bod for inspiration...

The 30 Day Challenge starts off with a Fitness Test. 7 exercises in intervals of 50 seconds with 10 second rests in between. Check out the video below (and no, that is not my tush. I wish it was!).


Here are my scores:

SQUAT JUMPS - 25
PUSH UPS - 12
BURPEES - 7
HIGH KNEES - 76
SWITCH LUNGES - regular 7, modified 9
TUCK JUMPS - 8 (these were killer for me and my legs felt like jello)
STRAIGHT ABS - modified 20

This is a good starting point for me. I'm curious to see where I'll end up at the end of January. :)

Please check out the blog - BodyRock.TV if you are looking for an at-home, kick-ass workout. I could use some virtual work-out partners. :) It's tough, but can be modified for beginners, so don't be intimidated. I've had to modify quite a few exercises over the course of my workouts.

Oh, and if you "Like" BodyRock.TV on Facebook, you can keep up with the work-outs. Plus, I noticed they added the host's daily food logs.  Great examples of healthy eating (and no, I have no affiliation with the site, lol!).


I'll continue to post my scores on the work-outs as well as my progress.

What type of fitness program do you follow or have you started following as of this year? I would love to hear what others are doing. Happy exercising!!


No comments:

Post a Comment