" Transformation of a Junk Food Mom: Project Declutter 2012... Vanity Area

Monday, January 2, 2012

Project Declutter 2012... Vanity Area

One of the things I struggle with is keeping my home clean and organized. I've never been good at housekeeping. I often wonder if my husband would have actually married me if he really knew how bad my cooking and housekeeping skills were. But, now he's stuck with me. :)


Needless to say, this year I am striving to get my house in order. First up was an easy project. My bathroom vanity area. Baby steps, right? 

Here are a couple of before pics... This is pretty much normal for me. 

One thing you may notice is that I don't have any jewelry laying around. That's only because I recently found a new home for all of my necklaces. Check it out here. Prior to this, I had tangled necklaces all over the counter and in my drawer. Makes a world of difference to get them out of the way!






And after...

I received the jewelry organizer from my husband for Christmas. I'm using it to house jewelry and make-up.





And the bathroom drawer...

I didn't take before pics, sorry. The drawer was so messy I was embarrassed to post a pic. I purged a lot of my make-up, relocated the rest, and cleaned the plastic bins. Looks great now! 

I wonder how long it will stay this clean? 




More random pics...


Hoping to keep it clean. We shall see. 

Next up in Project Declutter 2012 are the bathroom cabinets under the sink. Who knows what I will find under there, lol! 

Good luck to all who are using the New Year to declutter and get organized!!

No comments:

Post a Comment