" Transformation of a Junk Food Mom: Eight Little Naked Nuggets

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Eight Little Naked Nuggets

So, I skipped a workout tonight. I got home late from work and was starving. And, I'm extremely sore from the past couple of days, so a rest day will probably be good for me. Hoping to make up the workout this weekend. :)

I did, however, try the new grilled chicken nuggets at Chick-fil-a today. Now, Chick-fil-a (or chick-a-lay as my 4 year old would say) is my all time favorite fast food restaurant... Well, it's a toss-up between McD's and CFA, but still a fave.

Anyway, my typical order is the #5 eight count with large fries and a large diet coke, ez ice. Oh how I love my CFA nuggets! Tender, juicy, and oh so tasty.Yum!! However, since I'm on a semi-sorta health kick, I decided to try the grilled chicken nuggets today.


I was't sure what to expect... Well, I guess I was expecting them to at least come in the same box as the breaded nuggets. When I reached my hand into my to go bag, I felt a plastic bowl. Huh? They must have gotten my order wrong. As I pulled the plastic container out of the bag, there they were. Eight little naked nuggets laying in the bowl. They looked so sad and so... so bland. 

I decided to give them a shot because: a) I had already bought them, b) I was super hungry, and c) did I mention I am on a health kick? :) 

Overall, I was not that impressed with the flavor. The seasoning was a bit overwhelming, and the chicken tasted processed. Plus, they got cold super fast. Nothing like eating cold chicken. But, I was so hungry I ate all eight nuggets plus half of my large fries (which I LOVE by the way!).

So, overall, I would give the grilled chicken nuggets a C-. They just don't compare to the regular nuggets. If you're trying to eat healthy, I would highly suggest going for one of the chicken wraps instead. :)

I still haven't been able to give up the fries yet. Fries are my downfall, and I seriously could eat them everyday if I could. As it stands now, I probably eat fries at least three times a week. Yes, I know, awful! 


Have you tried the grilled chicken nuggets yet? If so, let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment