" Transformation of a Junk Food Mom: BodyRock.Tv 30 Day Challenge: Day 5

Monday, January 9, 2012

BodyRock.Tv 30 Day Challenge: Day 5

I ended up taking two rest days over the weekend. I wanted to complete Day 5 on Sunday, but errands and eating too much got in the way.

I almost skipped today too. I got about three hours of sleep last night because my sweet, adorable, never-sleeps-through-the-night son decided to wake up at 2:30 AM. That means I got to wake up too. Unfortunately, we never went back to sleep. If anyone has any ideas to get a 4-year-old to sleep in his own bed without waking up at least once per night, please, I'm begging you, let me know!

Then, I didn't get home from work and picking up Z at my mom's until 8:30 PM. I was exhausted!! I REALLY wanted to skip today's workout, but knew if I did, I would skip the next and the next, etc. Not an option!! So, I changed into my workout gear and busted out the 400 rep "I Won't Give Up" Workout.


No playlist for today. My background noise was Phineas and Ferb. :)

Overall, this workout was a simple two exercise workout but very effective. The goal was to complete four rounds of 75 Knee Highs with Jumprope and 25 Knee Lifts with Dip Station for a total of 400 reps.

The knee highs were relatively easy during the first three rounds, but then my legs started to feel like jello. I was able to get through the knee highs with no modifications. The knee lifts with dip station was another station. Those were killer! I definitely had to take small pauses, plus there were times where I modified the exercise to allow my feet to touch the floor.

Final Time: 8 min 45 sec.

I did not attempt the second video posted for the day because I'm still not supposed to lift heavy. Plus, It was already close to 10 PM. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

And on the dietary front, I did not so hot today. Haven't had a chance to hit the grocery store.

Breakfast: Diet Coke
Snack: None
Lunch: Chic-Fil-A Chargrilled chicken and fruit salad (Healthiest thing of the day!)
Snack: None
Dinner: McDonald's Chicken McNuggets Meal (But the fries were SOOO good!)

Unfortunately, this is a typical day for me since I'm on the go so much for my job. I'm going to have to start bringing a cooler with me to work.

Here's to one week down!!





No comments:

Post a Comment