" Transformation of a Junk Food Mom: Happy New Year 2012!! What is your Legacy?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!! What is your Legacy?

A new year is upon us. A time for reflection and new beginnings. A time for goal setting and new year's resolutions (and hopefully you have some great ones!).

But, a different thing has been sitting on my mind the past couple of weeks as 2011 came to an end. It's not what my new year's resolutions will be or what new goals I have for 2012 (which I do have some), but what is my Legacy?

As part of a leadership program at work, I was asked to read Maxwell's "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership".  The last law is The Law of Legacy. Although the book and chapter is focused on business and leadership, the principle is very easily translated to personal, everyday life.

What is my Legacy? How will family, friends, and acquaintances remember me after I'm gone? What do I stand for? Am I living a life that will enable me to leave a positive legacy?

So, this year my main goal is to reflect on the above questions and make sure that my thoughts and actions fulfill the Legacy I want to leave.



I challenge you to reflect on this and define what you stand for. Write it down and live by it every single day... What is your Legacy?



No comments:

Post a Comment